We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We will then respond in line with the time frames set out below (if you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter or email acknowledging receipt of you complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the Head of Property Services who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
- We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
- If the complainant is still not satisfied after the last stage of the in-house complaint procedure (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) then he/she can take the matter up with the TPO without charge.
The Property Ombudsman Limited
Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire. SP1 2BP
Tel; 01722 333 306
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.
How To Lodge A Complaint
You can make your complaint in whichever form is most convenient for you. You can telephone and speak to the appropriate member of staff. If you do not know who you should talk to, our receptionist will help. Alternatively, you can send a letter or email to us at:
Orchard Block Management Services Ltd
Adams House, 1 Adams Avenue, Northampton. NN1 4LQ
- If you telephone us, the complaint will be logged.
- Whoever takes the call will attempt to resolve the issue for you.
- If you are not satisfied by the response you are given at this stage, then you can submit a formal complaint in writing.
- If your complaint is in writing (including by email) we will acknowledge it by return and pass it to the Head of Property Services and Operations Director.
- In all cases we will treat your correspondence in strict confidence and with fairness and objectivity.
- It is our intention that complaints will be acknowledged with 3 working days, and responded to within 15 working days.